Listen up ladies: Aging will happen whether you’re afraid of it, or not. So why are you wasting your time worrying about it? Why are you spending your youth freaking out about those wrinkles that you dread so much, and worrying about those grays that you can easily just dye over anyway?
Not only is worrying about your age counter intuitive, it’s also just ridiculous. Getting older isn’t anything to worry about! In fact, it’s awesome! Here’s what you’ve got to look forward to:
1. You won’t care what other people think about you anymore. You’ve heard it all before, and whiel at the time it seemed like people’s opinions of you might ruin your life. But then it didn’t. And it happens again, and still, you’re alive and happy. Soon, you’ll realize that it doesn’t make a lick of difference what people think of you, which allows you to live a much happier and fuller life!
2. You’ll be happy with what you have, not mad about what you don’t. One of life’s little lessons is learning how to appreciate what you do have, rather than what you don’t. As life progresses, you’ll see more pain and suffering – that’s inevitable. But it will make you grow and appreciate the things you have in life.
3. You’ll realize your face is still yours. Faces don’t just warp into some monstrous mask after you hit your 50s. You still look like you, and you always will look like you – because you are you!
4. You’ll have great memories of a life well lived. Your photo albums will be brimming with memories of your past. These memories are yours to keep for the rest of your life.
5. You’ll have the best friends ever. As you get older, you’ll learn who your real friends are. You might not necessarily have more friends, but you know you can rely on the ones that you do have.
6. You’ll be closer to retirement. Which means you’ll get to sit back and do whatever the hell you want!
7. You’ll be way, way smarter. With time, comes wisdom. We’ve learn a hell of a lot as we age, and it teaches us valuable lessons that we treasure.
8. You’ll get more respect from people. With the wisdom of old age, comes respect. People understand that the wisdom you hold is not yet available to them, and for that, they respect you and what you have to say more.
9. You’ll have way better sex. You may not realize it now, but a lot of the sex you have is pretty bad. But when you get older, you start to become more confident, you know what you want, and you know what you’re doing. Oh, and you just don’t give as much of a damn about “looking sexy” or coming across as “pushy”. Less distractions = better sex.
10. Your finances will likely be in a better state. Right now you probably have student loans to pay off, overdue bills, credit cards that need to be paid off, but when you’re older you get better at handling money.
11. You’ll hopefully have some property of your own. There’s nothing quite like owning your own little piece of the world.
12. You’ll know yourself inside and out. Or you won’t be bothered at all. Either way, you’ll look effortless and awesome, just like you’ve always wanted to.