India is a federal union with 29 states and 7 union territories. Talking about the cuisine of India, it varies from state to state. Besides the regular dal and chawal for lunch and the hot pakodas for tea, people living in different states eat some authentic dishes which differ in cooking style and even taste. Here, we bring you a list of indigenous breakfasts of 29 different states of India
1. Andhra Pradesh – Pesarattu upma is a traditional breakfast of the state made out of whole green lentil dosa stuffed with some upma.
3. Assam – The traditional breakfast contains chira with yoghurt and jaggery, and is sometimes eaten with cooked rice soaked overnight
9. Himachal Pradesh – Bhatura with lassi is a savoury breakfast here. Bhatura is a kind of bread made by fermenting wheat flour.
13. Kerala – Puttu is a traditional dish which is made out of rice flour and coconut commonly served with some kadala curry.
16. Manipur – Manipuris enjoy the delicious dish of tan and changaang. Tan refers to any flat bread and changaang is a sweet tea.
17. Meghalaya – A rice and meat-based Khasi delicacy known as jadoh or dohjem are easily available in restaurants as well as at roadsides.
19. Nagaland – Breakfast consists of rice and tathu, which is a meat dish with one or two boiled vegetable dish, rice and chutney.
24. Tamil Nadu – Anything from Idli, Dosa, Vada with sambar is the common, authentic and ancient breakfast of Tamil Nadu.
26. Tripura – Spicy fish curry with some herbs served with rice is eaten as breakfast here.
27. Uttar Pradesh – The home-cooked breakfast of kachori with aloo ki sabji is a delectable delight of this state
28. Uttarakhand – Locals love munching on bhatt (black soya bean) and gahat ki dal.
29. West Bengal – The most commonly consumed breakfast is luchi aloo. Luchi, also known as poori, is made of flat bread and is deep fried.