The idea of dating someone who loves going places seems intimidating yet interesting. Imagine hearing all those stories of adventures that would make you want to go out there and experience it yourself. For those who’ve been there and done that, I’m pretty sure things got more exciting. Yet, there are times when you wished you know exactly how your life would turn out to be when you’re with a traveler before even starting that first date.
Believe me, I’ve had those I-wish-I-knew moments, too. And I can’t help but share them with you.
2. Always come prepared with a list of all things interesting. Travelers love to discover and experience new things, so better be in-the-know of the best eats to try in town or must-see spots within the metro.
3. It’s okay not to look like a fashion plate. That pair of branded shoes or watch or top? Nope, those won’t matter much.
You must be willing to try almost anything even once or twice. And by that, I mean jumping off a cliff or camping in a dessert. At least you get to tick off something from your bucket list… unintentionally.
5. You must be able to think of exciting ways to celebrate special occasions. Chocolates, flowers and fancy dinners are way too common. How about a boat cruise along the river while watching fireflies?
6. Be spontaneous and ready most of the time all the time. Because anything can happen while you two are on the road.
8. You’ll be moving and going places most of the time. Think of it this way: Most weekends (or even weekdays) will be spent outside the comforts of your home. If you’re good with that, then no problem.
Don’t get us wrong. Dating someone who loves to travel will make your life exciting. But unless you can’t handle most of the things listed, then I say proceed with caution. And if you still pursue and find yourself enjoying the whole process, you’ll realize that everything was worth it.