Each one of these is a jaw-dropping experience.
More Life is too short to spend marvelling at graphic animations on your flat screen when nature has incredible multi-dimensional wonders to offer. Wouldn’t it be more fun to explore the mind-boggling natural phenomena that are hidden away in gorgeous travel destinations around the world? GossipnCity brings a list of natural phenomena that you absolutely must see at least once in your lifetime.
1. Flammable ice bubbles, Alberta Lake Abraham in Alerta, Canada is a natural lake in one of the colder parts of the country. It is little wonder, therefore, that methane bubbles get trapped beneath the surface of the lake. What is more exciting is that these bubbles are completely flammable and form a breath-taking show of fire and ice, if you were to try lighting them up.
2. Spider-web fields, Australia In one of the rarest phenomena on earth that is both awe-inspiring and spooky, spiders in the Wagga Wagga region of New South Wales cover several fields in their cobwebs. As the area next to the Cartwrights Hill flood, millions of wolf spiders migrate away from water and in this attempt, cover the surrounding areas under spools of silky cobwebs.
3. Northern Lights, Norway The dancing northern lights that make the sky look like an artist’s palette swathed in shades of greens, blues, purples and reds are a unique natural phenomena. Also known as Aurora Borealis, you may have seen it on the internet, in documentaries and even in animation movies. But the real thing is incomparable in beauty and simply mesmerizes you. The phenomenon appears every winter on the northernmost coasts of Norway when energy particles from magnetosphere hit the atmosphere.
4. Luminescent Beaches, Maldives Yet another exhibition of nature’s silent magnificence- the luminescent and glittering beaches of Mudhdhoo and Vadhoo islands are a must-visit for every traveller and nature lover. This bio-luminescence is created by Ostracod crustaceans in the water surrounding the beaches and lights up the whole beach in an ethereal glow.
5. Water Sprouts, Florida While tornadoes are an intimidating force of nature that are more scary than awesome, water-sprouts are an incredible phenomenon which observed from a distance can be truly inspiring. These columns of ocean water surf the coasts of Florida and although this phenomena can also be seen in shores of Netherlands, Australia and Qatar, Florida has the highest number of these occurrences.
6. Dirty Thunderstorm, Chile This volcanic lightning is a fantastic phenomenon which is both humbling and inspiring at the same time. Rock fragments, ice and ash collide in a volcanic plume to produce this incredible volcanic lightning. Recently witnessed in Chile’s Chaiten Volcano, the lightning laced eruptions are also observed in Alaska’s Mount Augustine volcano, and in Iceland’s Eyjafjallajökull volcano.
7. Columnar Basalt, Ireland These incredible Basalt formations on Giant Causeways are a commonly occurring natural wonder. But here, in Ireland, these 60 million years old columnar formations are a geometric masterpiece created by fast cooling lava coming in contact with the ocean.