Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam (Prof. APJ Abdul Kalam) is no more. Very sad to hear this..RIP the greatest Scientist and visionary.
In his book India 2020, Kalam strongly advocates an action plan to develop India into a knowledge superpower and a developed nation by the year 2020. He regards his work on India’s nuclear weapons programme as a way to assert India’s place as a future superpower. In this regards he says…
We have identified five areas where India has a core competence for integrated action:
(1) agriculture and food processing;
(2) education and healthcare;
(3) information and communication technology;
(4) infrastructure, reliable and quality electric power, surface transport and infrastructure for all parts of the country; and
(5) self-reliance in critical technologies. These five areas are closely inter-related and if advanced in a coordinated way, will lead to food, economic and national security.
-By Atul Singh